In this episode of the ‘Renegade Recruiter Unleashed’ podcast, I interview Andy Naylor, Managing Director of Connect FR a specialist Search Firm Based in the UK.
Andy talks about some of the challenges he’s faced in business and how he’s managed to overcome them. He sharers what’s worked when it comes to attracting new clients, what hasn’t and how he's taken on some of the bigger firms and won!
Here’s just fraction of what you’re getting…
• What Andy has learnt from 17 years working in Corporate Recruitment companies
• The pivotal point that led to Andy starting his own Search Firm
• Any explains the importance of combining planning and ‘gut feel’ to make business your decisions
• Why Andy chose to become a ‘specialist’ business rather than a ‘generalist’ and the impact it’s had on his revenue
• The importance of focusing on profitability rather than revenue
• The advice Andy wishes he had six years ago (every Recruitment or Search Firm Owners should hear this)
• Why Andy sought after outside help and advice and how it’s helped increase his business revenue
• Some of the biggest mistakes Andy’s made in his Search business and how to avoid them
• How Andy went up against the bigger firms…And won!
And much more
Just give us an overview of who you are and what you do please.
What kind of recruitment do you do now?
What sort of countries have you worked in?
What was it that swayed you to start in your own business rather than going and being an employee again?
What were your expectations?
What advice would you give to yourself back then?
What’s the biggest mistake or biggest obstacle you had to overcome in business and how did you overcome it?
What would you say to anybody listening to this who works on contingency but would argue with you “Yeh, but my clients don’t pay retainers!”?
What standards do you have in place to ensure that you are always profitable?